Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ideas

Brandon left Lubbock yesterday evening. I was very sad to see him go and am missing my hubs already.

I'm missing this little guy as well:


However, in 4 days they will both be here in Lubbock for good!

I haven't been doing too much lately. Just lounging in the room, watching movies, and occasionally perusing the stores in the area for decoration ideas. Here are few things I have my eye on...

for the living room-
Clockwise from top left: I love the ribbed pillows with buttons, especially the orange one; the green curtains would add a nice touch to our existing furniture and wall art; our current brown pillows are in need of replacing; and I have a place in mind for one of those green stoneware vases.
All pictures via World Market


for the kitchen-
Clockwise from top left: The dark brown in the rug would go well with mocha cabinets/table; the wine buffet could help store our stemware and local wines; another rug that I may like to see in our breakfast area; the light blue curtains would add a hint of color to the kitchen .
Both rugs via Ashley Furniture and remaining two pictures via World Market

Clockwise from top left: Another wine buffet; I love the colors in the "Wine Bar" wall art; these blue curtains have taupe stripes for a different look; another potential rug for the kitchen.
Rug via Ashley Furniture and remaining pictures via World Market


for the guest room-
I saw this bedding a few months ago. I love the plum and simpleness of it.
All pictures via Walmart

Two other bedding sets that have caught my eye.
Top picture via Kohl's and bottom picture via Bed Bath & Beyond


The best part of window shopping is that you don't actually spend any money :) 




3 comments:

  1. I dont like blue curtains for a kitchen.... maybe because that was the blue in all our bathrooms growing up? lol, maybe a slate grey would be pretty!!! everything else is super cute though:) I wanna come decorate with you and put my two cents in on everything... but then again you would probably wanna rip my head off at the end of it all! HAHA the first wine buffet is a MUST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nikki!

    Alisha - Oh, slate grey could definitely work!! Maybe I'll look into that! I am trying to tie in the colors of a rug and wine pictures into the kitchen. And have a color that contrasts with the dark brown in our table and cabinets. Yes, I LOVE the first wine buffet! We can do some decorating when you come visit in September! :)

    ReplyDelete